Sunday, August 24, 2008

Titanic No More

The weeping mast droops down so slightly
I could have almost overlooked it,
But as I look on, watching it lose slowly,
I see it... it’s almost like me, a lone, sinking ship.

The shoulder droops, ever so lightly,
The face begins to lose its spark,
The smile falters and the eyelids droop,
And I sink, steady and slow.

This is no Titanic,
There is no love, no holding hands
And no kissing in the rain,
This... is my lone sinking ship and you can’t pull me through.

You are my anchor no more,
You can’t save me anymore,
You are the block that dented my ship,
You broke down my Titanic and made it my Titanic no more.

Don’t try and repair it now
With that little patch of love,
Because, no matter what anyone says,
To cure a hurt, you need as much love.

Walk away, ignorantly blissful, or so to you it seems,
Because when you know that you broke me down,
I promise you, you’ll crumble too,
Two sinking ships, in the dark blue sea, with no anchor to save you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘The. Angel. From. Your. Nightmare.’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Ethereal_princess said...

Uh okay thanks a lot. I appreciate the fact that you appreciate my writing (:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry srushti, i still have'nt forget you, i aplogise again, it was all mine fault :( , plz come back to my life.

Ethereal_princess said...

Oh my God! What is wrong with you? Are you crazy? I'm sorry but I'm totally back with my boyfriend.. I'm not going to leave him anytime soon.. I don't mind being friends.. But ahead of that? No way :|