Thursday, May 8, 2008

Salvage me, my love


I wish I could just run away,

Escape into the night,

Away from all the pain that tears me,

Away from all the wounds.

I’m all alone, no doubt I am,

Sick of the pretentious cronies,

I wish to be left alone,

But I wish you to rescue me.

When the world touches me I scald,

But when you touch me I heal,

Hold me tight and heal my pain,

Because with you around, I need no one.

I’m sick of crying, screaming myself hoarse

When no one’s ready to hear me,

I need you salvage me from here,

Eliminate my pain.

Hear my pleas as I cry for you,

Because I’m running out of strength,

I call out for you as the energy drains,

But you’re nowhere in sight.

I feel alone, I am alone,

Left to fend my fears unaided,

And yet again, I call out to you,

But I only hear an echo.

The tears dry slowly on my face,

I’ve been waiting for you for years now,

Foolishly hoping to see your face,

How innocent and naïve I am.

The world is cruel, it always was,

Heedless of my pain and agony,

It continues to walk past me, as I sit alone

Searching for your face silently.

I know you’re never going to come

And rescue me from my pain,

And so I’m left to simply dream of you,

And smile my nights away.

The cacophony surrounds me,

Making me want to escape,

Escape my fate maybe,

And look for an easier way.

There has to be a way out,

A way that will lead me to you,

I shall relentlessly look for it,

Until, one day, when I find you.